Friday, April 10, 2015

Watercolor & Embossed Mothers Day card. I started with a piece of watercolor paper and ran the embossing powder tool over the paper so the embossing powder would not stick to any area of the card that was not embossed. I used UNITY STAMP COMP "OURSELVES" stamp set from the Jan 2015 SMAK KIT. I used RANGER "LIQUUD PLATINUM" color to emboss the image. Heat set. Then I used ZIG CLEAN COLOR REAL BRUSH PENS to watercolor. These are so easy to use! Just paint on a little color and use a water brush to pull the color into lighter shades. I used SSS "STITCHED RECTANGLES" to cut a frame out of GINA K DRSIGNS "PASSIONATE PINK" heavy base weight cardstock. I put a piece of clear window sheet over the frame opening and attached foam tape to the back. I dry embossed the edges of the pink frame. I attached the watercolor piece to a piece of white paper and spritzed it with TATTERED ANGELS GLIMMER MIST. I CAREFULLY ALIGNED THE PINK FRAME PIECE OVER THE WATERCOLOR PIECE AND SECURED. I cut a card base from GINA K DESIGNS "JELLYBEAN GREEN" cardstock and ran the front section through an embossing folder then attached the pink piece to the green base. The sentiments are from MAMA ELEPHANT "LOVELY MUMS" stamp set. I heat embossed them onto heavy vellum with RANGER SUPER FINE DETAIL "WHITE" EMBOSSING POWDER. I USED A ZIG GLUE PEN to attach the vellum and added rhinestones to hide the glue dots. I hope my mother enjoys this card! Happy Mothers Day to you all.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and design!! I love the embossing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. It doesn't show up very well though. Ha

      Delete